Mamas, are you feeling a little run down? Maybe a little short for time? Life gets so busy with babies, toddlers and young kids that it can be tough trying to find the right balance between motherhood and “me” time. Because let’s face it, kids take up ALOT of our time, attention, and energy.
As a Mama myself to my almost two year old son, I know just what it’s like and how hard it can be trying to find time to balance everything from relationships, social life, work, study, running a business, household chores, staying on top of health & wellbeing as well as fitting in quality family time. It’s definitely not easy. But the best way to ensure you’re making the most of it and having enough energy to enjoy the special moments, is to set yourself some “me time” on a regular basis. Whether it be just 5 minutes a day, 1 hour a week - whatever works for you.
The important thing is that you’re giving yourself a break and taking the time to enjoy something you really love. Here is a list of my top 15 “me time” indulgences to give you some inspiration:
- Read an old time favourite book
- Book a massage, facial or pampering appointment
- Mani + Pedi
- Book a weekend getaway with some girlfriends at a spa retreat
- Bake a delicious cake to treat yourself
- Head to the hair salon get a shampoo and blowdry
- Take an uninterrupted nap (honestly this would be top of my list!!)
- Go for a drive to explore your local town
- Head to the beach to get some vitamin D
- Go to a yoga or Pilates class
- Go dancing with your girlfriends
- Book dinner at your favourite restaurant (child free!)
- Go out for brunch
- Enjoy a glass of wine while watching your favourite movie
- Have a relaxing bubble bath with candles and your favourite music
What will be on your “me time” list this week?